NOTICE: We have confirmed that Eclipse and Aeroclipse are safe for the Sony a7ii and a7rii. Read the bulletin here.
WARNING : Do not use ANY product on the translucent mirror of ANY Sony DSLT cameras. Any pressure from any cleaning product is likely to damage it.
While Eclipse is safe with proper cleaning technique, it can remove the coating with prolonged cleaning and aggressive pressure. This is due to the pure concentration of methanol in Eclipse. Aeroclipse, to render it non-flammable, has considerably less methanol and is safe under all normal circumstances and proper technique.
ECLIPSE Optic Cleaning Fluid is the highest purity lens cleaner available. It dries as quickly as it can be applied, leaving absolutely no residue. That is why ECLIPSE, when used with SENSOR SWAB ULTRA, is the only recommended cleaner for CCD and CMOS sensor cleaning. When used with PEC*PAD photo wipes, ECLIPSE is also safe and ideal for lens and filter cleaning.
ECLIPSE is intended for all digital sensors and all critical optics. When used with PEC*PAD photo wipes, it is possible to clean only the portion of the lens which is dirty, thus eliminating “hazy swirls”.
- Simply dispense several drops of ECLIPSE onto a clean, folded PEC*PAD.
- Wipe the surface until the dirty area has been covered.
- Then slide the pad off the glass at an edge rather than lifting from the center of the surface.
- Refold the pad to expose a clean side and re-wipe as necessary.
- If streaks remain, use a clean pad and re-wipe as necessary.
- Some experimentation may be required. Please note that other lens tissues may not work as well.