NOTICE: We have confirmed that Eclipse and Aeroclipse are safe for the Sony a7ii and a7rii. Read the bulletin here.
WARNING : Do not use ANY product on the translucent mirror of ANY Sony DSLT cameras. Any pressure from any cleaning product is likely to damage it.
While Eclipse is safe with proper cleaning technique, it can remove the coating with prolonged cleaning and aggressive pressure. This is due to the pure concentration of methanol in Eclipse. Aeroclipse, to render it non-flammable, has considerably less methanol and is safe under all normal circumstances and proper technique.
ECLIPSE Optic Cleaning Fluid is the highest purity lens cleaner available. It dries as quickly as it can be applied, leaving absolutely no residue. That is why ECLIPSE, when used with SENSOR SWAB ULTRA, is the only recommended cleaner for CCD and CMOS sensor cleaning. When used with PEC*PAD photo wipes, ECLIPSE is also safe and ideal for lens and filter cleaning.
ECLIPSE is intended for all digital sensors and all critical optics. When used with PEC*PAD photo wipes, it is possible to clean only the portion of the lens which is dirty, thus eliminating “hazy swirls”.
- Simply dispense several drops of ECLIPSE onto a clean, folded PEC*PAD.
- Wipe the surface until the dirty area has been covered.
- Then slide the pad off the glass at an edge rather than lifting from the center of the surface.
- Refold the pad to expose a clean side and re-wipe as necessary.
- If streaks remain, use a clean pad and re-wipe as necessary.
- Some experimentation may be required. Please note that other lens tissues may not work as well.
AEROCLIPSE is non-flammable yet has the same cleaning power as Eclipse!
Travel safe in checked or carry on baggage.
Directions for Digital Sensors cleaning with SENSOR SWAB ULTRA:
- Blow off loose dust with a suitable blower or brush.
- Dispense several drops onto a SENSOR SWAB ULTRA
- With one side of the swab, firmly drag it across the sensor
- Repeat in opposite direction using the clean side of the swab
- Discard swab after use.
- If necessary, use a new swab.
See our Sensor Swab ULTRA page for the video demonstration.
PEC*PADs are not recommended for cleaning sensors.
PEC*PADs are not made from the same materials that are used in SENSOR SWAB ULTRAS. SENSOR SWAB ULTRAS are manufactured and sealed in a clean and sterile environment; therefore, the swabs are the ultimate in purity.
Photographic Solutions does not approve the use of PEC*PADs on sensors; therefore, we will not warranty the sensor or any camera part from any damage caused by using non approved products.
E2 versus Eclipse : Information regarding E2 being discontinued.
After repeated testing and customer complaints that E2 evaporated too slowly and often left streaks we decided to discontinue it. Although E2 is perfectly safe and effective for use on your camera, we believe that the performance of Eclipse is superior. If you have E2 and were satisfied with its performance, you can continue to use it. Eclipse or E2 – our guarantee will still apply.